Instructor/ Researcher – Computer Science – Nicosia – F/T – EC-02-2018
Emphasys Centre aims to hire an Instructor/Researcher in the field of Computer Science for full-time employment in Nicosia.
If you are interested to work in a challenging, diverse and creative environment with other highly motivated professionals, then this job is for you!
About Emphasys Centre:
Today’s ever-changing dynamic environment has placed education, training and research in the spotlight for offering solutions to the socioeconomic challenges faced by many European countries. Emphasys Centre is committed to empowering young people, students, adults and seniors citizens with digital, employability and entrepreneurial competencies to succeed in their professional and personal lives.
Emphasys Centre is a private organization that operates in Nicosia in the last 20 years. It is approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture as an Education and ICT Training Centre offering training courses to professionals, adults, young people and students thus promoting the digital skills. More specifically, it offers specialized courses for professional development, validated courses for the acquisition of professional qualifications, as well as courses for students aiming to enter higher education institutions (universities) in the UK, Greece and Cyprus.
Emphasys Centre has also been established as a highly successful Research Institution which is involved in the preparation and submission of research proposals, as well as in the coordination and implementation of European Programmes mainly under the Erasmus + Programme in all sectors and actions: Education (Higher, School and Adult), VET and Youth. It promotes the targets set by the EU2020 and the ET2020 Strategies and has developed a strong network of collaborations across Europe, and it has built up knowledge and skills alliances for the transfer of policies and good practices that can enrich the quality and effectiveness of the services provided by the organization as a whole.
The Computer Science Instructor/ Researcher will be required to
- Teach various ICT courses for students, adults, professionals etc.
- Support the management and coordination of EU projects (related to I.T.) in all aspects of the implementation process (for example organization of surveys, data collection and analysis, writing of reports, dissemination of products, exploitation of results etc.)
- Contribute towards:
- the preparation of various courses, seminars and activities
- the design and development of tools, e-learning platforms and teaching material
-the organisation of events, conferences, promotions and campaigns
based on the requirements of the projects being implemented.
- Assist in the promotion of the organization and to the expansion of its activities and network of collaborations.
Expected qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Fluent in Greek and English. Any other language will be considered as an asset.
- Pleasant and dynamic personality with the willingness to take initiative, be creative and cope with new challenges.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong presentation, inter-personal and communication skills.
- High quality written communication skills, especially in the use of the English language.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a diverse environment.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills as well as adaptability skills.
- Flexible time schedule due to travelling abroad.
Additional qualification and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an asset.
- Teaching experience in ECDL, GCE and Robotics.
- Experience and/or Master’s degree in the field of Robotics, A.I or similar.
- Experience with Web Development tools.
- Good knowledge of the C++ programming language.
All applicants will be reviewed with strict confidentiality. We invite interested applicants to visit the official website of the Emphasys Centre www.emphasyscentre.com for more information.
Applications must include a cover letter and a CV.
To apply send your completed application to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emphasys Centre: Education, ICT Training and Research
3A-D P. Dimitrakopoulou Street, 1090 Nicosia, CYPRUS, Tel. + 357 22663010