In this era of rapid technological changes, there are growing debates around the idea of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and the dangers and opportunities it entails. The reason why there’s so much talk about AI and how it could change our future is because AI-based solutions are already being implemented in various products and technologies across different sectors. On the 19th May 2021, in the resolution on “artificial intelligence in education, culture and the audio-visual sector”, the European Parliament highlighted the growing importance of AI in our daily activities, recognizing the need to invest further in “digital education and media training”.
The objectives to be achieved through this project are the following ones:
– Introduce pupils, teachers and educators to AI concepts and related practical implementations
– Improve teachers’ knowledge of digital learning spaces. Provide them with the knowledge, content and tools to teach about
AI and utilise Minecraft in a classroom and remote learning environments
– Enhance teachers and students digital skills and help schools migrate to digital learning without sacrificing benefits of classroom based learning
– Reduce the gap between need and availability for AI related skills
– Address the growing need to develop remote learning solutions facilitating student engagement and creativity
– Upskill the teachers and educators with new sets of skills (PBL, AI, gamification etc) developed through innovative ways of
– Promote gamified learning approaches combined with Problem Based Learning.
– A complete learning course for introducing AI in school teaching based on the 5 big ideas of the AI4K12 framework. The course will disseminate knowledge about AI4K12’s AI education guidelines and the 5 big ideas, explore the impact of AI in our society and enhance our understanding of relevant concepts.
– A tailored Minecraft world (AI Adventures World) delivering educational challenges based on the learning course. It will make use of the escape room concept and offer Problem Based Learning activities. One challenge for each unit or lesson.
– The foundry virtual space supporting a growing community of adopters of SAINT and guiding the corrective/perfective and evolutive maintenance of the training package.