🙌 Emphasys Centre supports the initiative of the European Commission #ERW2020 (19-29 November 2020).
The #ERW is a grass-roots movement that promotes robotics and skills in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
💡 The idea is to make science education more visible to everyone including children and young adults in order to boost knowledge and skills and inspire individuals in pursuing careers in STEM-related fields.
👉Emphasys is one of the key partners in a European Erasmus+ SCHOOL project, titled “Robotics4deaf: Robotics through sign language: ensuring access and engagement of students with disabilities (deaf or with hearing impairment) to the digital world of coding and robotics”.
🤖The #ROBOTICS4DEAF project pioneers to design an innovative programme which aims to introduce ‘coding and robotics’ to primary and secondary school students with deafness or hearing impairments (aged 10-21) by:
- Ensuring access and participation of hearing impaired in learning.
- Developing a Training Package consisting of an e-learning platform and blended mobility activities which promote coding and robotics integrating into STEM fields.
- Creating Synergies between school and various stakeholders such as ICT professionals, educational centres, providers, NGOs, enterprises etc.
- Introducing the Open Badges as a method to validate and award the coding and robotics skills and competences acquired by both teachers and students.
- Support the pilot training implementation in schools.
ℹ️ Learn more about the programme on the following links: