Global Media and Information Literacy Week
🌍 Global Media 🤳 and Information 📖 Literacy Week, commemorated annually, is a major occasion for stakeholders to review and celebrate the progress achieved towards “Media and Information Literacy for All”.
🤓 The Global Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week began in 2012 and is led by UNESCO in cooperation with the UNESCO MIL Alliance, the UNESCO-UNAMOC MIL and Intercultural Dialogue (MILID) University Network and other partners.
This year is the tenth Global Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week (from 24th to 31st of October 2021) and will be hosted by South Africa. 🇿🇦
🤔 People across the world are witnessing a dramatic increase in access to information and communication. While some people are starved for information, others are flooded with print 🖨️ , broadcast 🔊 and digital content 👩💻. Media and Information Literacy (MIL) provides answers to the questions that we all ask ourselves at some point.
How can we access, search, critically assess, use and contribute content wisely, both online and offline❓ What are our rights online and offline❓ What are the ethical issues surrounding the access and use of information❓ How can we engage with media and ICTs to promote equality, intercultural and interreligious dialogue, peace, freedom of expression and access to information❓
Emphasys Centre contributes towards this by participating in a variety of KA2 Erasmus+ projects such as:
- MELI – Media Literacy for Parents
- DigiTEal – Digital Teaching Literacy
- All4Inclusion – A TOOL KIT with Effective Outreach and Motivational Strategies for Upgrading the key Competences of Marginalized & Vulnerable low Skilled Adults (Focus on Women): Ensuring Social Inclusion, Access, and Participation in the Digital era.
- STEPin – Supporting parents to deal with the excessive online time and habits of their children: a prevention and intervention programme for all
- DICIPASS – European Digital Citizenship Pass for Youth Empowerment and Participation
👉 For more information about Emphasys Centres’ projects, check out our website here: https://emphasyscentre.com/research/
#globalmediaandinformationliteracyweek #media #information #october2021 #emphasyscentre