Emphasys Centre operates in the last 24 years as an Education, ICT Training, Research and Development Centre, approved by the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth. It is actively involved in the implementation, management and coordination of EU Research Projects under various programmes (e.g. Erasmus+, AMIF, AAL). It collaborates with a large network of organisations, both in Cyprus and in Europe, aiming to promote the European recommendations in various fields such as digital transformation, sustainable development, human rights etc.
Emphasys is a fast-growing organization, seeking to employ an ambitious and motivated professional to join its team for executing tasks required by the Strategic Research Planning Department.
The Researcher will be required to:
- Implement, manage and coordinate research projects
- Conduct literature and fieldwork research (interviews, survey research, focus-groups etc.) and prepare reports
- Organise and participate in F2F and virtual training, seminars, webinars, workshops and other activities
- Prepare and review grant applications, tenders and research proposals under various programmes/calls e.g. Erasmus+, AMIF, Horizon Europe, AAL, CERV etc.
- Keep up-to-date and review relevant policies, recommendations, strategies etc. issued at the national and EU level by the European Commission, European Council, UN etc.
- Identify needs and gaps of various target groups, sectors, organizations etc. to be investigated through EU research projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations related to EU research
- Represent Emphasys at official meetings and trainings abroad
- Assist in the promotion of the organization, its expansion and network of collaborations
For this position Emphasys Centre is searching for motivated individuals who have:
- A pleasant and dynamic personality with a willingness to take initiative and be creative
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Motivation and vision to make an impact
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Flexible time schedule due to travelling abroad
- Fluency in English and Greek
• University degree in the fields of Education (e.g. Teacher, Special Needs, Adult Education etc.), Sociology/Psychology (e.g. SEN, Social Inclusion, Gender equality, Active aging, etc.) or any other related field (e.g. EU Studies, Comparative Education), preferably from an English-speaking university.
• Previous experience in the preparation of grant applications-proposals (Erasmus+, Horizon Europe, CERV, AMIF, AAL etc.)
- • A Master Degree in any of the above fields
• Previous experience in a similar position
• A proven record of related expertise and experience in the preparation of research proposals
The position currently available is open for full-time engagement. The successful candidate will be offered a very attractive remuneration package (13th salary, Provident Fund etc.) according to his/her qualification and experience, as well as opportunities for travelling and training abroad for professional development.
Interested individuals are invited to visit the official website of the organisation www.emphasyscentre.com for more information.
To apply send your completed application to email@example.com with the subject ‘EU Junior Research Manager’. Applications must include a cover letter and a CV.
All applicants will be reviewed with strict confidentiality; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline of applications: 4th of August 2022
Interviews will be conducted prior to the deadline set, and we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible as the position might be filled in earlier than the closing date.