ECDL - European Computer Driving Licence
2 – 3 years
The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is the internationally recognized standard of competence and a widely acceptable certificate that asserts that the holder has the knowledge and skills needed to use the most common computer applications efficiently and productively in the workplace.
First Year – 2 Exams (plus optional summer school Exam)
Second Year – 3 Exams including summer school
Third Year – 2 Exams (Depending on modules completed)
4 Base Modules + 3 Standard Modules
The new ECDL comprises of the four newly designed essential modules of ECDL Base (which certifies and individual’s digital literacy), plus three additional modules to develop and certify an individual’s digital competence. In keeping with the established global standard, this certification retains its 7-module structure but allows candidates to choose modules that reflect their own needs.
4 Base Modules
ECDL Base is a certification of an individual’s digital literacy. It consists of four modules that cover key ICT skills and knowledge areas and are mandatory for all candidates. These four essential modules are:
- Computer Essentials
- Online Essentials
- Word Processing
To achieve the ECDL Standard certification, candidates can choose three additional modules that best meet their requirements from the following that Emphasys centre offers:
- Using Databases
- Web Editing
- Image Editing
- Project Planning
- IT Security
- Online Collaboration
- It is recognized by governments, national and international organizations, bodies, associations and the academic and professional communities. In Cyprus it is considered by banks, semi-Government organizations, private companies and the University of Cyprus as an additional qualification and thus an advantage when recruiting staff.
- It is the only IT Skills Certification Programme which has been established and developed by the Council of European Professional Informatics Scientists – CEPIS) and is supported by 45 International Associations of Computing and 400.000 Information Technology professionals.
- It has an international recognition and undoubted the widest recognition and applicability in the Cyprus, European and international labour markets.
- It is an acceptable international professional and academic qualification.
- The ECDL Syllabus of each individual certificate is vendor independent and is frequently reviewed and renewed to reflect the need of the work market and the developments in software and operating systems.
Steady Success Rate
Our long-term experience, field expertise and thanks to our highly trained, quality teaching staff and our modern, fully equiped classrooms we are able to up keep our students’ high success rates.
What is ECDL
The ECDL – European Computer Driving Licence is an internationally recognized standard of competence, a widely acceptable certificate that asserts that the holder has the knowledge and skills needed to use the most common computer applications efficiently and productively in the workplace and at home.