We live in an era where learners shift away from conventional learning approaches. An increasing number of students drop out of school and educators need to consider the traditional mechanics of motivation. Recent technological developments which encompass virtual and augmented reality and gamification offer schools original and innovative ways to engage and excite the student’s desire to learn.
This course investigates the possibilities, challenges, and future of gamification, virtual and augmented reality in education through tested applications and scenarios in various teaching environments. We will see ways in which we can incorporate these elements in various classrooms across subjects and learn the design principles guiding VR and AR.
• What is Gamification, its significance, how it works and its downsides
• The eight principles of gamified learning
• Contests, leader boards, Open Badges and gamification of learning in the classroom
• VR and AR equipment for a classroom
• Constructivist learning with Virtual Reality support
• Virtual Reality applications and learning experiences
• The five design principles of Augmented Reality learning
• Augmented Reality applications and learning experiences
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- The School will gain expert teachers on gamification methods.
- The School will gain know-how with cutting-edge technology such as VR and AR.
- The School will enrich its didactic methods.