mon23oct(oct 23)9:00 amsat28(oct 28)5:00 pmDesigning disruptive experiences – VR, AR and Gamification!9:00 am - 5:00 pm (28)
Designing disruptive experiences – VR, AR and Gamification! Course Description This course is ideal for educators and youth workers wishing to experience the creation of VR and AR
Designing disruptive experiences – VR, AR and Gamification!
This course is ideal for educators and youth workers wishing to experience the creation of VR and AR applications on a practical level. Additionally, this course discusses gamification elements for making attractive simulations for students in the classroom and other learning environments.
The training starts with introducing what gamification is and how it works, followed a discussion on the eight gamified learning principles.
Participants will get hands-on and create simple video games using the Unity platform and experience what VR, AR, XR is all about with hands-on examples. The available VR and AR platforms and scenarios on which one will work best depending on the situation are discussed.
Finally, the course dives in the area of creating VR and AR experiences and testing them by using state-of-the-art equipment such as the Oculus Rift S.
• What is Gamification, its significance, how it works and its downsides
• The eight principles of gamified learning
• Video Game Design with Unity engine
• VR and AR equipment for a classroom
• VR simulation Design with Unity engine
• Augmented Reality application design with Unity engine
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- The organisation will gain expert teachers on gamification methods.
- The organisation will gain know-how with cutting edge technology such as VR and AR.
- The organisation will enrich its knowledge in video game design and VR and AR development.
23 (Monday) 9:00 am - 28 (Saturday) 5:00 pm