English Teachers Guide to Dyslexia: Utilizing ICT tools to enhance motivation of dyslexic students Course Description As many as 1 in 5 students have dyslexia and
English Teachers Guide to Dyslexia: Utilizing ICT tools to enhance motivation of dyslexic students
As many as 1 in 5 students have dyslexia and according to statistics, it affects 15% of Europe’s population. Undiagnosed or without special instruction dyslexia can lead to frustration, academic failure and low self-esteem. English is considered to have a complicated orthography and a high level of incongruence between its spelling and pronunciation which makes it even harder for dyslexic students to learn.
Although, majority of teachers do not receive training on Dyslexia and other specific learning disorders they are still required to teach dyslexic students without any assistance.
If you are an English teacher and want to enrich your understanding of Dyslexia, then this is the course for you. The aim of the course is to provide you with a thorough understanding of this specific learning disorder and equip you with a number of strategies and ICT resources that will assist and motivate your dyslexic students.
- Introduction to Dyslexia (myths, definitions, characteristics, difficulties)
- Dyslexia and the English language
- How to identify Dyslexia
- Strategies and techniques for teaching dyslexic learners
- How to use ICT tools, games, and gamification platforms to engage and motivate dyslexic students
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
The participating organizations will:
• Increase their awareness and understanding of dyslexia
• Gain knowledge on how to tackle challenges faced by dyslexic students
• Learn how to use ICT resources effectively to motivate and engage dyslexic students
• Upgrade and empower their staff which will result in a more dynamic, committed and professional environment
6 (Monday) 9:00 am - 11 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090