Online Safety and Internet Addiction – Think before you click! Course Description Our digital world is changing rapidly. New communication methods appear, and while using them, we expose ourselves to
Online Safety and Internet Addiction – Think before you click!
Our digital world is changing rapidly. New communication methods appear, and while using them, we expose ourselves to new threats and risks.
As the web has become a part of mainstream life, some educators and professionals have noted that a significant percentage of people using the web do so in a compulsive and out-of-control manner, this is Internet addiction! Discover how to control it with real-life scenarios and help students and co-workers learn how to use the Internet in a balanced way.
The course also hosts a special section on Social media. Social media have become second nature to us: posting photos with friends, sharing our location at a party, and holidays. But how safe is it for anyone to use them so recklessly? With this course, you will learn the basics about Internet Security, the dangers you and your students might face online such as fraud and harassment, how to prevent unauthorized access of your data and how to protect your own and your students’ online identity.
• Internet Addiction and how to confront it
• Basic concepts of Internet Security
• Social Engineering
• Safe Browsing in the classroom/work/home
• Social Media Security
• Cyberbullying in school and how to confront it – discussion with criminology expert
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- Gain knowledge to protect the students’ online activity.
- Learn ways to efficiently manage cases of student’s Internet Addiction.
- Confront incidents in school such as Online harassment, depression, trolling and Cyberbullying.
15 (Monday) 9:00 am - 20 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090