Our cultural identity: Experience the culture and heritage of Cyprus Course Description Culture has the power to transform entire societies, strengthen local communities and forge a sense of identity and belonging for
Our cultural identity: Experience the culture and heritage of Cyprus
Culture has the power to transform entire societies, strengthen local communities and forge a sense of identity and belonging for people of all ages. Youth can act as a bridge between cultures and serve as key agents in promoting peace and intercultural understanding.
Culture is defined as the language, beliefs, values, heritage etc. for any society/country and also identifies the people of each country.
This course is addressed to young people and youth workers who want to discover and explore the cultural heritage of Cyprus and its hidden gems that make it a unique part of Europe. During the course you will discover Cyprus’ rich history and culture, explore the traditions and customs of the island and meet the most popular ancient jobs and local products thus offering a magnificent transnational experience. Whatever the season is, Cyprus offers the opportunity to everyone to experience something new, interesting and exciting such as wine making as Cyprus has been a vine-growing and wine-producing country for millennia, or maybe experience the traditional use of ‘roses’ for making a plethora of rose products, or explore the national part of Akamas following one of the many nature trails reaching the turtles, or even getting to know the locals’ habits at the well-known ‘kafenio’ for an intercultural debate.
Come to Cyprus explore and enjoy the weather, sandy beaches, mountains, traditional food, culture, people, hospitality and many more!
- The importance of cultural-awareness for promoting European values
- The Cultural Heritage of Cyprus
- Getting to know the ancient wine-growing and wine-producing through the years
- Meet the popular wine routes of Cyprus
- The green heart of Cyprus – From Troodos mountains to the national part of Akamas
- Reflect on urbanisation and re-visit rural life
- Gastronomy: taste the local products
- Learn the basics of the Greek Language
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- Promoting cultural awareness and historical heritage of a European country
- Equipping youth with European values of unity and diversity
- Empowering youth with civic competences
- Enriching language learning
- Reflecting on urbanization and sustainable development
- Exploring civic and social engagement and participation in non-formal learning activities
- Improve the cultural heritage competences of young people and youth workers
17 (Monday) 9:00 am - 22 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090