mon29may(may 29)9:00 amsat03jun(jun 3)5:00 pmSTEAM Course for Educators(may 29) 9:00 am - (june 3) 5:00 pm
STEAM Course for Educators: Discover the future of education! Course Description Want to learn all the new trends of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) and how to incorporate
STEAM Course for Educators: Discover the future of education!
Want to learn all the new trends of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) and how to incorporate them in your classroom? Then look no further! This course combines Robotics, 3D Modelling and Printing, Video Game Design and Virtual Reality programming with VR headsets coupled with Drone flying and coding.
We will dive into Robotics with the Lego Mindstorms Set and the Arduino platform with hands-on building and coding. We will expand on ways teachers can incorporate it into their curriculum, and we will be creating lesson plans for different disciplines.
We will then move on to 3D Modelling and Printing and see the different 3D printing technologies and affordable solutions for a school classroom 3d printer. We will design and print objects which will complement specific topics such as Physics, Mathematics and Music.
We will introduce Video Game Design and create small games with the emphasis on Virtual Reality content with our state-of-the-art VR equipment (Oculus Rift S).
Lastly, we will learn to fly and code mini drones (DJI Tello EDU) and see how they can play an enrichment role to your classroom.
• Robotics with Lego Mindstorms Ev3
• Robotics with Arduino Car Kit
• 3D Design with TinkerCad and 3D Printing
• Game Design with Unity
• Design VR Games with Oculus Rift S
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- The School will gain expert teachers in the fields of Robotics.
- Teachers will be able to use, maintain and troubleshoot 3D printers in their schools.
- Teachers can design and 3D print objects which will assist them to teach specific topics.
- Teachers will learn new ways of teaching coding through video games.
- Incorporate new methods of teaching with the help of drones.
May 29 (Monday) 9:00 am - June 3 (Saturday) 5:00 pm