STEAM Course for Primary Schools: Full STEAM ahead! Course Description This is the perfect course to introduce the primary school teacher to advancements in technology and ways to create a
STEAM Course for Primary Schools: Full STEAM ahead!
This is the perfect course to introduce the primary school teacher to advancements in technology and ways to create a classroom ready for the 21st-century challenges!
The course includes three major Robotics platforms: The Edison robot, the Lego Boost Kit and the Lego EV3 kit. We will be diving into all these platforms with hands-on building and coding. We will expand on ways teachers can incorporate it into their curriculum, and we will be creating lesson plans for different disciplines. Additionally, we will be presenting platforms that include material that a teacher can utilise and enrol the students, which will earn badges improving the course’s gamification aspect upon completion of a given task or exercise.
We will then move on to 3D Modelling and Printing and see the different 3D printing technologies and affordable solutions for a school classroom 3d printer. We will design and print objects which will complement specific topics such as Science, Mathematics and Music.
We will introduce VR and AR in education and see games and simulations which can enhance the classroom with our state-of-the-art VR equipment (Oculus Rift S).
Lastly, we will learn to fly and code mini drones (DJI Tello EDU) and see how they can play an enrichment role in your classroom.
• Robotics with Edison Robot.
• Meet the award-winning “Coding and Robotics” platform for teachers and students.
• Robotics with Lego Boost.
• Meet the “CodeSkills4Robotics” platform for teachers and students.
• Robotics with Lego Mindstorms EV3.
• 3D Design with TinkerCad and 3D Printing.
• VR and AR Games in Education.
• Drones in Education.
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- The School will gain expert teachers in the fields of Robotics.
- Teachers will be able to use, maintain and troubleshoot 3D printers in their school.
- Teachers can design and 3D print objects which will assist them to teach specific topics.
- The School will Incorporate new methods of teaching with the help of drones.
- Teachers will learn new ways of teaching through VR Games.
August 29 (Monday) 9:00 am - September 3 (Saturday) 5:00 pm