mon30may(may 30)9:00 amsat04jun(jun 4)5:00 pmSTOP Cyberbullying(may 30) 9:00 am - (june 4) 5:00 pm
STOP Cyberbullying: Prevention and Intervention Practices for Educators Course Description Just as technology can bring us together, it can also separate us, or even used to
STOP Cyberbullying: Prevention and Intervention Practices for Educators
Just as technology can bring us together, it can also separate us, or even used to create harm to another person. Cyberbullying has taken school-day bullying to the next level, make it harder for the victim to escape and also harder for educators/ parents to detect it and take action.
Like any form of abuse, bullying can leave deep scars on the victims that may never properly heal and shape their lives. This course aims to equip educators/ teachers with key skills and knowledge required, in order to be better prepared to identify, prevent, reduce and stop cyberbullying in their schools, while at the same time promoting a safe and positive learning environment.
- Forms and Challenges of Cyberbullying
- The impact of cyberbullying on students – look for the signs
- How to prevent and intervene to cyberbullying.
- How to teach cyberbullying and the importance of media literacy.
- Exchanging good practices in tackling cyberbullying, and promoting a positive learning environment.
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- Teachers/ educators are expected to acquire new skills and competences with regards to dealing with cyberbullying.
- Schools/ Organizations will have the opportunity to learn more about enforcing a school policy plan on preventing and stopping cyberbullying at school and exchange good practices with fellow colleagues from around Europe.
- Learn more on how to build a positive learning environment and develop the social and emotional learning of the students.
May 30 (Monday) 9:00 am - June 4 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090