Teaching languages in the 21st century: Because learning a language was never more interesting! Course Description Learning a language. An action that many people find boring, aimless, or just rocket
Teaching languages in the 21st century: Because learning a language was never more interesting!
Learning a language. An action that many people find boring, aimless, or just rocket science for them. However, it is actually as uninteresting or difficult as one might imagine? With the world evolving to a more digital society, learning a language cannot be an exception to this change.
Teachers of any filed are trying, especially now, to find innovative ways to include digital means in their curriculum in order to engage students, to make lessons more interesting and more responsive to this new digital reality.
If you are a language teacher trying to find innovative ways to make your classes more attractive, this course is for you! It will allow you to understand the importance of using digital tools in classroom, especially for teaching a language, it will help you get to know specific ICT resources that can enrich language learning in classroom and make students more interested. Lastly, this would be your opportunity to enhance your own digital and ICT skills through what you love the most, your work.
- The importance of ICT tools in the classroom of today
- Present like a Pro
- Learning a language through music and movies
- The use of videos
- From books to mobile apps
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- Improvement of digital and ICT skills and knowledge of language teachers
- Development of language teachers’ creativity
- Discovery of new ways to make classes more interactive and attractive to the new generation, the digital natives
- Ability to adapt to new digital challenges
August 28 (Monday) 9:00 am - September 2 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090