The Connected Educator: Media Literacy Skills for Educators Course Description In the digital era, the ability to access, analyze, evaluate and create media has become a
The Connected Educator: Media Literacy Skills for Educators
In the digital era, the ability to access, analyze, evaluate and create media has become a key skill for everyone. However, digital advancements have brought new challenges to both youth and adults. The Connected Educator: Media Literacy Skills for Educators course aims to equip educators/ teachers/ youth workers with key skills and knowledge required, in order to be better prepared in promoting digital citizenship, critical thinking and democratic values both in their professional and also their personal lives as well.
At the end of the course, participants will also gain access to an educational game designed to support them in their role to transfer this knowledge to their learners and also to a series of online webinars to further develop their own media literacy skills anytime, anywhere.
- Introduction to Media Literacy and the Network Society.
- Information Literacy: Fake News and Critical Thinking.
- Managing Online Identity and Personal Threads: Digital footprint and Online Grooming.
- Methods and tools/ games for teaching media literacy to children and youth.
- How to create engaging lesson plans and activities/materials regarding media literacy for children and youth.
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
- Your organisation will develop key skills, competences and attitudes to become a responsible, critical and global citizen in the digital world.
- Your organisation will be able to create learning opportunities for young students/ youth to acquire digital and media literacy skills.
- Your organisation will be able to offer support and guidance in issues and threads related to the internet.
17 (Monday) 9:00 am - 22 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
P, 3 A-D, Πολύβιου Δημητρακόπουλου, Λευκωσία 1090