Robotics for Educators: Being a teacher is no longer boring
Up to €1100 (Fully Funded)
€420 (Fully Funded)
Accommodation & Other
€140 per day (Fully Funded)
Robotics! The fundamental tool used by modern classrooms in order to teach in an entertaining and interactive way Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to students. Through this course, you will get acquainted with some of the most used Robotics Platforms available for today’s classroom.
Join us on our journey to the wonderful world of LEGO Mindstorms EV3 the most advanced LEGO robot today, LEGO BOOST the Golden Toy award winner of 2017, and Edison the super affordable educational robot from Australia.
Learn how to construct a robot, connect and use the programming interface, understand and control the various sensors and motors, and how to create and run programs. The course covers introductory programming topics such as using variables taken from the robot’s environment, programming conditional logic, and looping actions to run code repeatedly. By the end of the course, you will have the skills to bring your own robotic creations to life and gain the tools to create fun, interactive and educational activities for your students.
- Exploring the LEGO Mindstorms programming interface
- Constructing and Programming a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robot
- Coordinating motor movement and adjusting the sensors
- Adding conditional logic and looping actions
- Construction of LEGO BOOST robots
- Programming LEGO BOOST with the accompanied Tablet app
- Programming Edison robot with barcodes
- Programming Edison robot with EdBlocks, Edware and Edpy
- Finding the most suitable programing interface for a group of students
* The course can be modified according to the preferences of the attendees
Construct and program a tracker robot with Lego Mindstorms EV3 by utilizing the infrared and color sensors.
Construct and program a humanoid robot with Lego Mindstorms EV3 by developing conditional logic and looping actions.
Construct and program a Lego Boost Multi-Tooled Rover robot. Get acquainted with the sensors and motors of Lego Boost.
Construct and program a Lego Boost Animal-Cat robot. Program the Edison robot with ready-made barcode scanners.
Program Edison robot with EdBlocks, Edware and Edpy programming interfaces. Discussion on the most suitable programing interface for a group of students.
Workshop – Further steps – Robotics competitions – Course evaluation.