The negative human impact on nature demands from people, especially young ones to ensure, that caring for nature, is part of their lives. It requires the advancement of peoples’ awareness, attitudes and knowledge about these issues.
Environmental education and awareness (EEA) is a relatively new field that is becoming increasingly more critical as our natural resources are falling apart day by day. Starting from an early age, EE should raise children’s awareness of the environment and provide learning experiences through which they obtain knowledge and skills to solve environmental problems now and in the future.
The ultimate objective behind the B-Green project is for students(12-18) to develop a firm ecological mindset and use it to overcome today’s environmental challenges with a proactive attitude and a strong commitment to their community.
Furthermore, it aims:
• To equip schools with innovative green-oriented teaching and learning tools to support their efforts to become ECO-FRIENDLY SCHOOLS, initiators of social change and sustainable development;
• To upgrade teachers’ profiles so that they can adopt interactive learning experiences that spark students’ engagement.
• To encourage young Europeans to become active citizens supporting their communities from an early age for social change while promoting the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN;
• To transform students as AMBASSADORS among their peers, friends, parents, teachers, other citizens so that others can follow their example;
• To create a community of “green” conscientious young people working on sustainable solutions for addressing environmental challenges;