The European Commission estimates that the prevalence of dyslexia across the EU reaches 8-20% in both adult and children populations. Dyslexia is a neurobiological-based language impairment derived from difficulties in reading and writing. According to the EU Dyslexia Charter (2018), Dyslexia is inadequately addressed due to a lack of information on the subject and weak communication channels between parents, teachers and experts.
The general objective of the project is to ensure access and participation of children with dyslexia, in English language learning, and increase the knowledge and competences of EFL teachers to meet the specific needs, by integrating emerging technologies, adopting new methodologies and introducing gamification principles in learning.
• English teachers, Language Experts, Speech Therapists with an expertise in English language
• Students with dyslexia (6-12 years old)
In order to reach its objectives, the consortium will develop the following products:
1. Teaching EFL to Dyslexic Children: The Blueprint Guidebook
2. Lexis Dual Educational Pack For Training And Teaching English To Dyslexic Children
3. Lexis Interactive Web-Based Portal
4. Lexis Action Plan For Schools