School Starters’ Hub
The School Starters’ Hub Project aims to transform Secondary Schools into innovation and creativity hubs that will interconnect School, Research/Science and Enterprises (Local and European) through an interactive Online European Platform.
The main objectives of the project are the following:
1. Transform the school into an innovation hub where all students can develop an idea into a project, service/ product that will be visible to the labor market, other schools and stakeholders.
2. Tackle the mismatch of school curricula to labour market needs.
3. Use collaborative environments and digital technologies to the benefit of teachers, students and entrepreneurs and create strategic interactive partnerships.
4. Up-skill teachers with new teaching and learning approaches that incorporate ICT and innovative interdisciplinary techniques like microlearning, design thinking, alternative teaching.
5. Improve scientific and experiential education and the awareness of the importance of science in daily life.
6. Motivate students with collaborative and integrated approaches of teaching and learning that rely on the sequence Know- Design- Implement- Evaluate, thus, connecting Knowledge to practice and society.
School Starters Hub will reach its objectives by producing the following Intellectual Outputs:
IO1: School Starters Hub model: Concept and model + Implementation tools
IO2: Platform of School Starters Hub
IO3: Teacher’s Toolkit – Training Material
IO4: Students’ Toolkit